what's new in store

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Our First Class Output - Sssshhhh





Whilst Penelope created numerous samples in 12x12 format to small hand-held albums for us as ideas and inspirations (one of which is featured here), we were all assigned to make our own little project.


Materials given for this challenge were:


  • 2 cardstock (our choice)

  • 3 patterned paper (our choice)

  • 9 yards of funky ribbons and trim (our choice)

  • and lots and lots of freebies (embellishments) and tools.

What was daunting was we didn't know what we were up against; only reassured fun - which we had lots of.


I made a little album for my daughter, Becky, highlighting the events in the 1st hour of her life. Hence, I named my little album "1st 1 Hour" and used the letter "L" to subsitute the number "1" from the Basic Grey Romani Monograms collection. Clever? Oh well, credit to my sister actually who guided us individually and cooked up really creative ideas for each and every participant resulting in 5 different looking mini albums and layouts that brought out the best of our pictures.


For the rest of the album, I played up the greens, orange and blue from the patterned paper rather than the photos to offset the drabby hospital blues and greens reflected in the pictures. With all the wonderful ideas and advice, I am so proud of my little album, although it is a departure from my own style.


Designer: Penelope Gan (I thought I should still give her the credit since I would not have produced it in such a way)

Products: Chatterbox and American Crafts patterned paper, Bazzil cardstock, Basic Grey Romani Monograms, Autumn Leaves Mod Citrus Pillow Charms, American Crafts Ribbons, Scrap-n-Crop Ribbons and Trims, Scrap-n-Crop embellishments (buttons, brads, eyelets and brads) ~ all available at www.scrap-n-crop.com


1 comment:

Chowchow said...

Very, very nice Val. I love it. wish I was there.