what's new in store

Saturday, September 09, 2006

My First Blog


Saturday, September 9 2006

Never really thought I was the "blogging" kind, though everyone seems to be doing this and what better way to journal everything here...its really cool!

Here goes, started out with my first major order for my soon to be online scrapbook store. www.scrap-n-crop.com. Went through the ground work with the web designer last Wednesday and I cant wait to see what his samples will be like!!! Of course in Malaysia no one knows what scrapbooking is all about so I dutifully lugged a big paper bag of what scrapbooking stuff in a nutshell is!

Anyway, it took me one whole afternoon to browse the catalogues of 2 major scrapbooking brands, I ordered from one and paid, saved another in the cart (have got to decide what I really need for starters as I went overboard!)

I started scrapbooking right after my son Bryant was born, 3 years ago on May the 12th 2003. He was born with severe brain injury and I was told by doctors that he would not live long. So I created this journals of him with poems and photos for keepsakes. Of course then I didnt know what acid free was and used gift wrapping papers for my first scrapbook! I found out what scrapbooking was later by chance and from then needless to say I was addicted!

Anyway, here is a photo of Bryant!


Bryant is cortically blind, deaf and can't swallow. He is spastic quadripelgic and feeds via a tube through his stomach! He us a darling and I have learnt so much from him! Well, its time to feed him, so until I write again tomorrow!

Valerie
Your addicted Scrapper!

2 comments:

SCRAP-n-CROP said...

Hi there Cally, I am so happy you read my blog! It's kinda exciting huh?
Well, Bryant did teach all of us to be grateful for what we have...sometimes when we wish we have a cuter nose or larger eyes, i just reflect on how lucky I am to just be healthy!!!
OOOhh...I can't wait to see what you came up with the ribbons!!! I am excited that I get to finally put my website together!!!
Thanks Cally!

Wati Basri said...

hi val,
thanks for sharing this blog with me. keep blogging, i just love to read blogs.anyway,i'm waiting for the ribbons to arrive! will definately send the layout i did using the ribbons that i got from you. meanwhile, take care and happy scrappin n blogging!!

Cheers!!....Wati SG